I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Off to Copenhagen!
October 21, 2017
Smart approach to sightseeing :)
Most people travel just to catch a glimpse of the world. For me, it’s a learning quest, though. There are so many unique works of art scattered all over the planet! I mean, it’s one thing to see Mona Lisa on a photo and quite another in the Louvre. Believe me, I’ve been there :) This month, I plan to visit Copenhagen where I have a few landmarks to observe. I already planned out a tour around the city with stops at:
1. National Museum. 14,000 of Danish history, yay! I can’t wait to take a look at the Golden horns of Gallehus and the famous Trundholm Sun Chariot. Northern history is so exciting!
2. The Round Tower with its three hundred years old observatory. Bet it offers an incredible view of the city!
3. Kronborg Castle - who wouldn’t want to check out Hamlet’s residence? :) Especially since it’s the most famous castle in Denmark.
4. ARKEN Museum of Modern Art with its vast collection spanning the past century.
5. And of course the legendary monument of the Little Mermaid. That was my favorite tale as a kid :) Its happy end version, I mean… Cause the original Anderson’s tale isn’t quite optimistic, you know.
The Little Mermaid painting
There is yet another reason why I want to see the Little Mermaid monument so much. That’s because I already have a painting of it :) The canvas is by Leonid Afremov, a famous modern Impressionist from Israeli, but that’s all right if you hear about him for the first time :) When I saw the Mermaid painting here, I couldn’t believe my eyes! The picture was so colorful, so enticing… And it looked so real! It seemed the mermaid could wave her tail and dive into the sea any moment. I was so enchanted by this painting that I bought it without hesitation. Now it hangs in my room and I look at it every time I go to sleep. I like imagining that I have a window opening right into Copenhagen in my bedroom and I can catch a glimpse of the sunset-lit sea and the mysterious graceful figure on the rock… In the future, I might buy a few other canvases by Leonid Afremov who is a totally wonderful artist whose website is worth checking out! I’ll definitely mention it in my blog and tell you how I find these acquisitions :)